I just went for a walk with Mom around the Connors Center floor (obviously with the help of both a nurse and an aide). She looks much better. It seems like the nutrition is definitely strengthening her. She slept on and off last night. Her throat is a little sore due to moving the NG tube deeper into her stomach. There is still a lot of pain in the incision. One thing Mom said is that "she would love to smell spring." The nurse on this last shift is great with Mom, which has really uplifted her spirit.
Dr. Evelyn Fleming, Dr. Christopher Herndon, and Dr. Ebony visited briefly and asked a few questions about pain, nausea, and gas. They also said that it tooks like the NG tube is draining better now that it has been repositioned.
Stephen
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was reminded this Sunday in a sermon that 'a good father never causes an unnecessary tear and God is an excellent father'. As hard as it seems to believe it now, God will use this episode in your lives for good. I would 'love to smell spring' too, I guess we all have to wait a little longer, but it will come for all of us. I am continuing to pray for you, Joanne, and for the rest of the family. -Nancy Reid
Hi Joanne!
I , too would love to smell spring....it isn't really happening yet even outside my door! I guess we are all trusting God's timing to be the best.
We are praying for you---may you experience peace that passes understanding.
Play practices continue to be fun. It is good to be working with a comedy.
:-)
Love, Mary Glenn
Post a Comment