Dr. Berkowitz, Dr. Fleming, Dr. Herndon, Dr. Boyce, Marisa, and yet another new medical student came in to see Mom this morning. Mom told them that she didn't get too much rest because of a lot of diarrhea she had last night. Dr. Berkowitz said that with or without chemotherapy, diarrhea is expected once her bowels wake up and that it is a good problem to have. He said there is no rush to start eating since she is getting all her nutrition through TPN, but she may begin to eat whenever she feels hungry. The incision looks great, it is draining well. They will only change the setting on the vacuum today, not hte sponges. They will probably give Mom more Lasix later to help her drain fluids. There is still a lot of swelling in her legs.
Mom enjoyed a verse from hymn 432 this morning:
"O Joy, that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to Thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain
That morn shall tearless be."
Stephen
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dear Sister and your family,
I am so encouraged to hear your joy in the Lord and find Him to be your comforter and strength. Half verse in Psalms 23 sharing with you:
" ......Even though I walk Through the valley of the shadow of death, I do not fear evil, For You are with me; ......"
He is with us always. Thanks for the Lord charging such a good team for your medication.
You all are my beloved in Jesus Christ.
Dear Joanne,
I wanted to share with you my small bit of enjoyment from this week's ministry meeting. As believers, we may experience and enjoy the riches of the all-inclusive Christ typified by the plant life. In 1 Kings 6 we see the details of Solomon building the temple. Verse 29 says, "And he carved all the walls of the house all around with engraved carvings of cherubim and palm trees and open flowers." The cherubim signify the glory of the Lord and the palm trees signify the victory of Christ. The footnote of the cross-reference in Ezekiel 41:18 states, "the carving of the palm trees and the cherubim on the walls indicates that the victory of Christ and the glory of the Lord have been 'carved' into our being through sufferings." Sister Joanne, I have seen much of the glory and victory of Christ manifested in you. May you continue to shine forth Christ to all those around you even in the midst of your sufferings. We are standing with you and your family in prayer.
Love,
Jocelyn
Joanne
I think of you often. I cannot tell you how many times you come to mind and I am lead to pray on your behalf. Your family is so faithful to keep us imformed. What a blessing it is to witness the family of God come together as this blog allows us to see. I hope to be able to come see you. I know there was talk of rehab placement. I will come next week as I see how your weekend goes.
I keep praying for you and your family to "dwell in the eternal"
for this momentary affliction is preparing you for and eternal weight in glory. As you look not to the seen but to the unseen. The things seen are transient but the things unseen are eternal.
May your daily vision be of Jesus Christ at the right hand of the Father.
Eternity.
In Christ,
Lori Ozuna
Post a Comment