Thursday, April 26, 2007

Post Chemo

Mom finished her first round of chemotherapy peacefully. Dr. Berlin stopped in to see her. I spoke with her briefly afterward. She said she was quite glad that Mom's bowel is waking up - this was definitely a function she wanted to see restored. She also said that we should maintain a positive attitude as the advanced stage of the cancer is negative enough. We need to look forward and see how the cancer reacts to the chemotherapy. Overall, Mom is heading in the right direction. Dr. Berlin intends to drop in to see her tomorrow. I was quite impressed with this doctor. She is very compassionate and familar with treating this kind of cancer. She has succeeded in putting Mom at ease through their various encounters thus far.

Stephen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanne,
Today is a big day for you. We are so happy to know that everything went through smoothly.
The God is so great, so powerful and so mighty, nothing is impossible for Him.
We will continually pray for your treatment: cancer is sensitive to the drugs and side effect is manageable or minimum.

We love you very much in Christ

Anonymous said...

To my dear, sweet sister:

I love you so much, Joanne, and I am very glad that you have such a compassionate and wonderful doctor. I think of you all the time, and I can't wait to come up and see you again whenever you think it's best. I'd be happy to just sit with you, do your errands, or bake Cranberry Hootycreeks for the Jurascheks :). You've always been there for me whenever I've gone through tough times and needed you, and I am always here for you!!

I have been keeping Mom informed of your progress at a very high level. I've told her that you have great care at B&W and that your family and church have constantly been at your side and supporting you. Glenna calls her every morning and they pray for you. Mary Rosser called Mom last week and they talked for a long time. Glenna and some friends will be coming over to NHP on Saturday for a dinner.

Huge hugs and kisses, Terri