Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Late Afternoon

Mom went for walk and then was visited by Dr. Herndon. He warned Mom not to eat too many ice chips, but to let the bowel wake up slowly, on its own. Then Dr. Russell came to see Mom's stomach and see how it was doing. She reiterated that the important thing now was for her to walk to wake up her bowel. She also pointed out that Mom is tolerating not having the NG tube very well.

Right now she is resting listening to Stephen Bradley's first CD.

Stephen

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Joanne,
I did not know...
We love you so very much and are
praying for you. God wants to be
glorified, I am believing that
your healing will be used for
just that, to glorify the GOD you
so dearly love. Your humble heart
so inspires me and I want to truly
encouage you. I don't have a really
great verse to share...but I know
who holds your future and I know
that you are never alon...I love
you my dear friend....
Marji and the Strasners

Anonymous said...

Dear sister Joane and Juraschek family,

Sandra and I are traveling with Sandra's mother and brother who came to visit us last week.

We are following the reports and praying for your quickly recovery so you can continue to serve our living God.

Remember that He is the Lamb on the throne sheperding each one of us in every tribulation and leading us to the spring of living waters.(Rev 7:17)
Yours in Him
Cezar and Sandra

Anonymous said...

The Lord reminded me this week of the Psalm 71 that Joanne used to sing to us. Of course I can't sing it like Joanne can but I enjoyed it. Verse 14 says: But I will hope continually, and yet will praise You more and more. I will go on in the strength of my God, O God, who is like You?
In my reading through the OT I am on Psalm 84. Footnote 2 says that our love for the Lord matures "through many trials." Footnote 6 says "When we pass through the valley of Baca, God makes this valley a spring. This spring is the Spirit. The more we weep on the highway to Zion, the more we receive the Spirit. While we are weeping, we are being filled with the Spirit and the Spirit becomes our spring."
Lord, thank you that You are maturing our love for You. Thank You that You are making our valleys a spring. Thank You Lord that we are on the highwys to Zion!
Much love and grace to you in Christ! Joyce and Michael