Friday, April 13, 2007

Peace & Quiet

Joanne is in desperate need of sleep and peace & quiet-Doctor's orders. This last week has taken a great deal out of her and she needs to get prepared for surgery 1st thing Monday morning - the beginning of her own Boston Marathon. She has her cell phone so she can contact the outside world if she gets lonely or needs to pray with someone, so please no visits or phone calls right now. You can let her know how much you care for her by commenting on this blog or sending a card and the children will make sure she gets a copy of it.

Many have asked what they can do to help. We will try to have some information/schedule in the next few days so that everyone can partipate in a coordinated way.

The Jurascheks are in awe of the Lord's grace and supply ministered by all of you.

Missy

5 comments:

linda facada said...

Hi Joanne and family, I am so sorry to hear of your illness, I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and your family. I remember the times we had together working in the kitchen during BTA"s early days. I always appreciated your encouragement and thoughtful answers you always seemed to have. May you now feel the support and love of your many friends and family who are standing with you. I pray the Lord's strength for you during this difficult time. Love, Linda

Hannah said...

Hi Joanne,
Just wanted you to know that you are being covered in prayer here in Texas! You and your family are so on my heart ... Cara and I have prayed for you together and will continue to do so. I still remember, for some odd reason, what you shared at my high school graduation reception -- that you thought of me as "transparent" and that you appreciated that because it was easy to remember to pray for me as you did dishes, etc. That was probably a very honoring and grace-ful way of saying that it was easy to see my problems and shortcomings :-), but your comment stuck with me. Now in reading your blog I feel like you're the one being transparent with us, and it will make it so easy to pray for you while I'm doing dishes, waiting at a red light, etc. (all those things that shouldn't be taken for granted). Thank you so much for your refreshingly real updates and for those of your dear family (including Missy!).
Love,
Hannah (Diller)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Joanne,
Ardith told me of your ongoing trial. I want to share with you the message the Lord gave me last year, when Richard was diagnosed with cancer, and I was waking in the night filled with fears and worry.
I have been reading through the Complete Works of Oswald Chambers--such wisdom!--and one morning a sentence seemed to leap off the page for me: "LOOK UNTO JESUS, AND JUST TAKE THE NEXT STEP THAT COMES."
I stopped, and thought, "I can do that; I can just take the next step." And from that time, that is what I did. And Jesus was faithful, He was there and held my hand, each step.
"The steps of a woman are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in her way. When she falls, she shall not be hurled headlong, for the Lord is the one who holds her hand." (Psalm 37:23,24)
The secret, of course, is not in taking the next step, but in keeping your eyes on Jesus. How I love Him!
And how wonderful it is that He has given us each other, His body, to help and love and share.
May His blessings be with you and your family as together you go through the trial. You will come through as gold!
Praying for you all,
Charle

hilary said...

Hi Joanne,
it's Sandra and Hilary.
We love you so much and are praying for you and the entire family. I read Andrew's entry and thought of what an amazing young man he is becoming! You are so blessed to have such incredible children. We will continue in unceasing prayer and hope that you are getting the rest you so desperately need.
Love,
Sandra & Hilary

Rose Marie L'Etoile said...

Joanne,
I wanted you to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. It is very hard not living near you guys otherwise I'd have been there to help out. I appreciate and love you Joanne!
Rose Marie