Thursday, April 19, 2007

5 PM

Just a brief update: Dad is still completing his stress test on the 1st floor. Stephen went home to see Andrew and Elizabeth. I will be going back down to the Emergency Department at 5:30.

Dr. Russell just came in and checked Mom's belly. She noticed that now the NG tube is in too far?!? But, it isn't draining much liquid and she recommended it come out. She said their was a slight chance it would have to be put back in but she mentioned that there was this chance regardless of when they took it out. This means that all of Mom's walking is helping her bowels' function be restored.

We are listening to a hospital staff member read Psalms now. Mom's eyes are closed and she looks very restful.

We will send the final update on Dad when it is available.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anna for keeping us posted regarding your mum and your dad's progress. We are praying for all of you day and night! I read a verse that the Lord gave me for Sister Joan:
Psalm 62: 8, 10 say "Do not trust in oppression...for the strength belongs to God." I am praying that even in the midst of the illness, you would experience God's strength. His joy is our stregth (Neh. 8). Lord Jesus, I ask that your joy would flood Sister Joan and the Jurashecks family. For your strength is manifested in our weaknesses. Lawrence