Sunday, April 29, 2007

Saturday Night

Dad just returned from the hospital. Mom needs rest. She has been waking up every few hours so she is pretty worn out. Also, the persistent pain, now in her lower back and gas pain in her abdomen, are also wearing her out. These things are demoralizing her. Please pray that she would sleep well tonight and the pain would be minimized.

Stephen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
If you only knew how often the Lord
puts you on my heart, you would be so very encouraged...
I was awakened tonight with thoughts for you...I feel I must share...The enemy wants to wear you down with Self-Pity...I have a verse to share...
The Word says in Psalm 40
I waited patiently for the Lord...
(it is so hard to hold on sometimes)
and He turned to me and heard
my cry...
(He hears you, and all of us who are crying out on your behalf!)
He lifted me from the slimy pit...
(this is one slimy pit!)
out of the muck and mire
(but remember HE will get you out)
He set my feet on a rock...
(firm ground is coming)
and gave me a firm place to stand.

Joanne,it just gets more wonderful
from there...please don't let the
enemy convince you that you are in
a pit that GOD can't get you out of

He will put a new song in your mouth! a hymn of praise to our God!
Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.

God is always good! He is not holding out on us! He has a plan for our lives and we can trust His plan.

I love you dear friend,
Marji

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanne:

Running through me when I came home tonight was Hymn #539, specifically verse 3 and chorus:

Thy sweet anointing with Thy might
In weakness doth sustain;
By Thy supply of energy,
My strength Thou dost maintain.

O Lord, Thou art the Spirit!
How dear and near to me!
How I admire Thy marvelous
Availability!

We love you Joanne & pray that you would sleep well tonight!