Thursday, May 31, 2007

No more attachments!

It's me - Joanne - attempting to post a blog entry. I am definitely not up to speed and my brain seems to be sluggish - these are all side-effects of the chemo I am told. First, I want to thank everyone for your entries - sorry I haven't been able to respond - this is my first time at a computer since the beginning of April. I didn't have computer access at Youville. I am overwhelmed, supplied, carried, and sustained by your prayers. I am getting anxious about the next round of chemo (june 13) and while I know that I only have today and grace for today, that mind of mine keeps looking around corners and worrying about the chemo. So pray for my anxiety and that of my family. Being home brings home the real situation and it can and is stressful for everyone. Keep praying for that next round of chemo - that it hits the target and doesn't completely knock me down.

The big news is that when I saw Dr. Berkowitz yesterday he thought I didn't need the wound vac anymore and could move to wet to dry dressings. So I am off the wound vac which is great!!!! However being off this device cuts down the amount of visits from the VNA and requires that we changes the dressing (YIKES!) However I am not attached to a machine anymore and the wound is healing well. Please pray for my courage - I have not looked at the wound yet - and don't really want to see it if at all possible.

I responded well to the chemo the first round - the doctor said that right before surgery my CA-125 level was 306, and then before the 2nd round of chemo it was 36 - which is low. This is very encouraging.
I was at Dana Farber yesterday for 7 hours. My first big outing. It was exhausting. Much of those 7 hours was spent in the waiting room. I think we had about 45 minutes of office visit time in that whole 7 hours! The Lord is definitely teaching us how to lay hold of Him as our patience. For Him, one day is as a thousand years. It almost felt like that yesterday. But I did enjoy resting in Him. Unfortunately, Paul had to take the entire day off (something he wasn't expecting to do) and to have to wait and accomplish little was stressful for him. I am thankful he was with me though.
I have an appointment for a wig fitting for Monday. I had hoped to get one for Andrew's graduation but I have some turbans that will do.
I'm going to go back to bed for a bit - it seems that blogging takes more energy than I realized! Much love to all of you - Joanne

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Joanne,
I don't know if you got our message yesterday, when we found out about your illness. I don't know how the blog works and if you saw our message, but anyway, you are in our hearts and in our prayers every moment and we pray for the Lord to manifest His power and glory in this situation.
We love you very much and we know how important you are for the Body, for each one of us.

Akin and Debora Coivo(from Boston to COlumbus, OH :-)

Anonymous said...

Joanne,

The kids and I were so happy to see your personal blog entry. Praise God for the good news of your continued progress. They (meaning the kids) ask all the time how you are and my response is, you are improving. Your words in the blog let them know that indeed you are improving, and provided evidence of Gods faithfulness to answer our prayers. I could see you in each word.
I would like to come see you after the kids get out of school. We continue to pray for you.

Lori Ozuna and all the gang

Anonymous said...

So good to see an entry from you Joanne! You and your whole family are very much in our hearts and prayers.

With respect to the wig, I say have some fun. Here's your chance to be a blonde! ;~)

Anonymous said...

Excellent sister Joanne!! I am amazed at how much Christ is being gained by you and all the Jurascheks for the Body of Christ. The Lord truly is the all sufficient grace and He is all and in all. Let's get that Ca-125 level to a big "goose egg" and keep it there on the cross. More grace and even more grace till you are filled to the brim.
-Daniel B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne - I was so happy to see your posting....and then I was even happier to hear all of your encouraging news. Mom, Chris and I will be flying up on Saturday morning, and we can't wait to see you!!!

Love you lots and lots and lots!!
Terri