Mom continued to rest most of the day at Youville. Some nurses changed the sponges in her wound, which turned out to be a two hour ordeal. Apparently one of the nurses was learning the procedure from the other nurse and it was more complicated than either of them initially expected. After this, Mom walked a little with both Barbara, the occupational therapist, and Hilda, the physical therapist. She is also beginning to eat some soft food, which will allow her to stop TPN if her caloric intake is high enough.
Stephen
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good morning Joanne -
I hope today finds you adjusting more and more to the new facility, staff and routine.
As I read your blog every day, the incredible love and devotion of your children is palpable -- it jumps off the page. It's a really beautiful thing. You have been such a caring and selfless mother, and it's very touching to see the care and attentiveness your children are providing to you when you need it most.
Billy and I plan to come visit you at Youville tomorrow! I look forward to seeing you, sweetie!
XOXOXOXOXXOXOXOX Terri
You know Joanne, in reading Terri's comment above, I so much agree with what she said about you and your children. You have been, (and I will put the caveat in before you do..."imperfect"...), but such an incredibly fine, supportive, wise and Godly parent. I cannot tell you, (though Andrew can...), how many, many times I have told him what an incredible resource he has in you that so very few people have.
Much, much love, Jen
Post a Comment