Friday through today has been a tough stretch for Joanne. She has not been able to eat much of anything, feeling quite sick and exhausted following the chemo treatment. There have been a number of moments of tears.
She has been encouraged along the way by some caring visits including one with singing by a few members of the church who brought a guitar Saturday. Visits at the beginning of this coming week probably should be short with some expectation that Joanne will be tired and continue to have a low level of energy.
By the end of this week we hope to make the transition home. We need to make a good connection with a visiting nurse agency, finish obtaining some equipment, and complete our preparation of the house.
Sunday, May 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Dear Joanne,
Please hang on, Cry out in His name. the Lord, our best comforter will give you strength and peace, lead you go through this difficult time.
The chemo treatment makes you sick, which indicates that the drug is doing something in your body, including killing tumor cells. While you are suffering the side effects, the cancer cells are also undergoing destruction. We pray that side effect will go away and significant efficacy will show up soon.
Love in Christ
Hi Joanne,
We continue to pray for you and your family daily, my children are also faithful prayer warriors for you as they were for my Mom.
I read a helpful verse this morning in my devotional that I hope will encourage you as well -
"'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the Lord" (Isaiah 55:8).
Express your questions freely, but realize that you cannot control your life or anyone else's. The sovereign God is higher than all, and His ways are beyond comprehension.
Sovereign God, I have so many whys. I could go on and on, but nothing will change no matter how many times I ask. I do not understand this. I do not understand You. But I realize I am not meant to. You, O Lord, are high above all, and I must give my questions to You once and for all. Amen.
Stay strong in the Lord's strength,
Amy (Rideout) Horrocks
Joanne,
Two down already! You are doing great! How brave you are!
You are in our prayers!
Love,
Rose Marie and Family
Dear Joanne,
You are before the Lord in my prayers, daily.
May the Lord envolope you in an ocean of His mercy. May you be strengthened in your inner most being by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. And, may your heart be open to receive all that He has for you.
God bless you.
Marcy Dorna
Joanne, I am so sorry that you have felt so badly -- I hope that today was a better day...
I read something today from Oswald Chambers that I thought was encouraging...
"OUT OF THE WRECK I RISE"
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?" Romans 8:35
God does not keep a man immune from trouble; He says - "I will be with him in trouble." It does not matter what actual troubles in the most extreme form get hold of a man's life, not one of them can separate him from his relationship to God. We are "more than conquerors in all these things." Paul is not talking of imaginary things, but of things that are desperately actual; and he says we are super-victors in the midst of them, not by our ingenuity, or by our courage, or by anything other than the fact that not one of them affects our relationship to God in Jesus Christ. Rightly or wrongly, we are where we are, exactly in the condition we are in. I am sorry for the Christian who has not something in his circumstances he wishes was not there.
"Shall tribulation . . . ?" Tribulation is never a noble thing; but let tribulation be what it may - exhausting, galling, fatiguing, it is not able to separate us from the love of God. Never let cares or tribulations separate you from the fact that God loves you.
"Shall anguish . . . ?" - can God's love hold when everything says that His love is a lie, and that there is no such thing as justice?
"Shall famine . . . ?" - can we not only believe in the love of God but be more than conquerors, even while we are being starved?
Either Jesus Christ is a deceiver and Paul is deluded, or some extraordinary thing happens to a man who holds on to the love of God when the odds are all against God's character. Logic is silenced in the face of every one of these things. Only one thing can account for it - the love of God in Christ Jesus. "Out of the wreck I rise" every time.
As always, you are in my prayers...
Much love,
Jen
Post a Comment