A nurse told Mom this morning than they found some non-stick sponges they could possibly use for her wound. This was quite encouraging to Mom, meaning that after Tuesday the wound changes would be substantially less painful.
Meanwhile the nurses have been encouraging Mom to administer her own shots. For someone who dislikes needles, this morning's self-injection took 20 minutes. Mom is working on bringing the time down - but for her the thought is more than a little daunting.
Also, the irritation in Mom's skin has gone away. She stopped taking morphine based oxycontin, which seems to have been the source of the skin reaction.
Meanwhile she continues to improve. Please pray that she will get adequate exercise each day.
Monday, May 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Am really thankful for the nonstick sponges. was empathizing with the dread of this weeks bandage change and agreeing in prayer for an answer. Jesus is so good! will continue to pray for the other requests and am glad the source of the rash was discovered as well! You all are dearly loved!
Dear Joanne,
You have been in my thoughts but most important in my prayers since I heard that you were ill. I learned of it one night at a BTA PFA meeting. It seemed impossible that by then you had already had surgery. It seemed like such a short time ago we were at the BTA banquet and chatting about Andrew and college. John Lennon was never my guru but I often think of his words: Life is what happens when you are busy making plans. He was so right. I think I shared with you one time when we spoke in the library that a close friend of ours drowned at our lake cottage several years ago. It was such a shock...and continues to shock me. We never know what is around the corner for us. But the great comfort is that God knows....and that He loves us and that someday we will better understand why the suffering. We get a little understanding of it here, but not enough. And so I can imagine you are seeking your strength and comfort from your heavenly Father, but it is still so hard. I am sorry, truly. You have wonderful children. Their love and dedication to you is so evident on the blog. You have certainly done fine work with them! I hope and pray that tomorrow is a better day for you and that you sleep well tonight. God bless, Hope Vassos
Post a Comment