Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Meeting Dr. Chi and a walk outside

Joanne met Dr. Chi today who had returned from vacation. The hospital will begin to measure calories from other food sources over the next three days to see when the TPN feeding IV can slowly be discontinued. She will be evaluating Mom's condition over the next week.
Joanne had a chance to walk outside today and feel the sun. She was thankful for the fresh spring air and to see the blossoms on the trees.
Pray for much grace during the repacking of her wound tomorrow which has been painful as the sponge material is removed and the vacuum tube is reinserted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I'm so sorry that my previous prayer for you didn't make it to you in the comments, Dear Joanne.
Guess I'll wait to see you in person....
Love,
Rose

Anonymous said...

To be able to visit outside in the sun, a gift! May the knowledge that folks are praying for you give you courage and strength during the repacking of your wound.

You are dearly loved.

Anonymous said...

Joanne, dear...
I once again work in Bryn Mawr, and every day on my way to work, I pass the house where you and the sisters lived with the Hursts and the back side of the college campus where we were employed. Since I heard about what the Lord has brought your way, I now pray for you every time I pass these landmarks and my prayer is that daily you will be strengthened with His power into the inner man, and that His will will be done in all things related to your illness. May His grace and beauty, peace and rest be yours because these are not outward things but inward realities for those who love Him.

With love in Him,
Dawn Dresser

Anonymous said...

Just an Amen of Dawn's comment.