It was great to be able to bake a Polish Apple Cake today - I just love the smell of the cinnamon and apples. I walked outside in the sunshine yesterday and I was pretty exhausted today. But it was worth it! I still have the bleeding problem and will need to see the surgeon next week to make sure everything is okay. I will have my next round of chemo Tuesday Oct 2-4. Paul will be going out of town from Oct 4-7 for a conference - I hope he will be much refreshed and renewed. Please pray for this next round of chemo: no kidney damage, raised white blood cell count, that it would effectively destroy all the cancer cells and also pray about the side effects - it seems that the IP chemo (the chemo that goes into the abdominal cavity) causes the bleeding to increase - and it does cause a great bit of discomfort. The cis-platin is also a very strong chemo drug which causes all the side effects.
I am thankful that I felt better today and will have a few days of feeling good before being hit again. We had a visit from Paul's roommate Vernon Lin from BU days. He was also Stephen's boss when he was working at the VA on the west coast, as well as a dear brother in the Lord. As I related to him all that had transpired over the past 5 months I realized that I am doing so well today because of all the prayer - so much happened because every detail of my medical condition and care is covered in prayer - I am so thankful and in awe of this. I also appreciate all the practical care - from meals to emails to comments on the blog to visits to cards - the support is so touching.
Today I enjoyed this hymn:
Out of my bondage, sorrow, and night,
Jesus, I come! Jesus, I come!
Into Thy freedom, gladness, and light,
Jesus, I come to Thee!
Out of my sickness into Thy health,
Out of my want and into Thy wealth,
Out of my sin and into Thyself,
Jesus, I come to Thee!
Out of my shameful failure and loss,
Jesus, I come! Jesus, I come!
Into the glorious gain of Thy cross,
Jesus, I come to Thee!
Out of earth's sorrows into Thy balm,
Out of life's storm and into Thy calm,
Out of distress to jubilant psalm,
Jesus, I come to Thee!
Out of unrest and arrogant pride,
Jesus, I come! Jesus, I come!
Into Thy blessed will to abide,
Jesus, I come to Thee!
Out of myself to dwell in Thy love,
Out of despair into raptures above,
Upward for aye on wings like a dove,
Jesus, I come to Thee!
Out of the fear and dread of the tomb,
Jesus, I come! Jesus, I come!
Into the joy and pleasure, Thine own,
Jesus, I come to Thee!
Out of the depths of ruin untold,
Into the flock Thy love doth enfold,
Ever Thy glorious face to behold,
Jesus, I come to Thee!
I enjoyed that with Christ we have an alternative - He is the door, the way out of so much sadness and pain and also the door, the way into riches untold. This hymn provides such an accurate picture of our life and also of His life. Jesus said in John 10 : 9
9 I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he shall be saved and shall go in and go out and shall find pasture.
How wonderful He is! What riches He is to us moment by moment.
May you be blessed by His presence and strengthened by touching Him today.
Thank you all for praying!
Joanne
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hello Dear Joanne,
It is so good to hear that you are feeling better but much more enjoying our Lord as your life and strenght! We always get very encouraged by your sharing and enjoyment of the Lord.
May your day today be full of Light and Life! May the Lord bless you with all spiritual blessings.
WE'll be praying for your next days!
WE love you
AKin and Debora
There is nothing like meditating on the Word of God and His truths through the hymns. Thanks for sharing those hymns and letting us know you got to make an apple cake! Will continue to pray for you all during this next week especially xxoo
Post a Comment