Tuesday, September 25, 2007

outside today

Today my headache subsided some and I was able to walk around the block outside. It was exhausting and I can't say that it was totally pleasant but it was good to be out and to feel the sun and the breeze - it was hard to believe it is fall since it felt a bit like July out there. Some of the side effects are subsiding but the bleeding continues - please pray that there are no complications with that and also that the bloating in the abdominal cavity goes down - it is uncomfortable. I believe the next round of chemo is next week - I hope to have a few days of feeling better before the next round starts - today I did feel a bit better and I am so thankful for that!

I've been losing what little hair I have but there are a few longer strands that just hang on - it's funny how the hair falls out - I lost my eyelashes last week and lots of hair on my head but I still have a little peach fuzz on top - my daughter Elizabeth sees lots of gray hairs and says shes sorry about that -but hair is only significant to me these days in that it is numbered! Matthew 10:30-30 But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.
Luke 12:7 But even the hairs of your head have all been numbered. Do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows.
So my hair falling out reminds me not to be afraid and that I am of more value to the Lord than many sparrows.

The refrain to an old hymn comes to mind:
I sing because I'm happy,
I sing because I'm free,
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Even more than just watching - He is daily supplying Himself as life to meet all our needs. Praise Him!

Much love, Joanne

3 comments:

Bradley said...

Amen!
He's not just watching...He is daily supplying Himself as life to meet all our needs!!! Yes!!

Anonymous said...

Today was a Prayer Rally at school. The sweet presence of the Lord was there. We were in groups of 3 and 4 praying together. Wanted to let you know our little group prayed prayers of agreement for your continued healing and for the Lord to continue to be your all in all. Blessings to you and your family. Linda M.

Anonymous said...

Joanne,
I just heard about all you are going through from Margaret Chan when she visited us. I have a letter & will send it. Just found your blog address and read through all of the bogs since April. I'm somewhat overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with the realization again that "WE are not, but HE IS." and how the Lord supplies and gives life through the Body. We need the Body as much as we need Him. Praise Him! Sherlon Orth