Friday, September 14, 2007

First half of this round complete

Hi Everyone
I came home yesterday afternoon and have to go back today to Dana Farber to get hydrated since the cisplatin can damage kidneys. I'm supposed to stay hydrated - drink 2-3 liters of water a day which is a challenge due to the metallic taste in my mouth. I am also feeling bloated from the liquid in my abdominal cavity. Next Thursday, the 20th I am scheduled to have the second half of the chemo taxol in the abdominal cavity as well - as I haven't had this before and I've had some nasty side effects fromtaxol and also the needle insertion in my upper rib area is kind of stressful. I am so thankful to be at Dana Farber/BWH - the nurses are really kind, and caring - they tell me how great I look - which is always a surprise since I am continuing to lose what little hair I have and feel so crummy - yet they remember me back in April and are so excited about how well I am doing - which is a wonderful encouragement - and also reminds me that we often are not the best ones to assess our own progress - spiritual or otherwise - I am so often analyzing myself and this can be a drain in so many ways.

I need to follow my chemo protocol in the spiritual realm too - stay hydrated drinking the living water - John 4:14: "But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life."

May the Lord bless you all with living water today!
Much love,
Joanne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joanne,

You are such an inspiration to me! Thank you for your beautiful Blog entries. Thank you for helping all of us by sharing your courage, grace, and faith. You are in my thoughts and prayers each day.

Blessings,

Susan (Ana Maria's neighbor)

Anonymous said...

Dearest Joanne,
I read this passage in "My Utmost for His Highest" and I believe it may help to encourage you.
AFTER OBEDIENCE-WHAT? (July 28th)
We are apt to imagine that if Jesus Christ constrains us, and we obey Him, He will lead us to great success. We must never put our dreams of success as God's purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. What we call the process, God calls the end.
What is my dream of God's purpose? His purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power now. If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working towards a particular finish; His end is the process--that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God.
God's training is for now, not presently. His purpose is for this minute, not for something in the future. We have nothing to do with the afterwards of obedience; we get wrong when we think of the afterwards. What men call training and preparation, God calls the end.
God's end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If we have a further end in view, we do not pay sufficient attention to the immediate present; but if we realise that obedience is the end, then EACH MOMENT AS IT COMES IS PRECIOUS.
.......
again, the advice He gave me last year-- Look unto Jesus, and just take the next step that comes.
You're doing great, don't give up, you are such an inspiration to so many of us!
Love,
Charle (Ardith's Mom)

Anonymous said...

You glorify Jesus every day. My heart is full. Yes, He is our living water....be filled to overflowing...may He continue to be your all in all....much love