Well, the bloat in my abdomen is going down some so it is a bit less uncomfortable - it is a very weird feeling - there are also some of the side effects - intestinal distress from the taxil and my mouth tastes and feels unusual. I tried washing the slipcovers on the couch yesterday - just taking the covers off and bringing them downstairs to the washing machine and then switching them to the dryer and then bringing them up and putting them back on the couch - (all this over a 3 hours period) really did me in. I was so exhausted, which was surprising as that was something I used to do on my way to doing something else! Apparently the dogs have decided that the couch is the best place to lounge when nobody is looking and the light covers were becoming darker and darker....
I wanted to mention that there is an ovarian cancer walk in Boston on October 7 to raise money for research and also raise Ovarian Cancer awareness. I don't think I will be able to participate because it will be right after a chemo round but here's the link if anyone wants to walk the 3 miles for a good cause - you can learn about the warning signs and make others aware too. It is a very hidden disease that is often detected in late stages. Here's the link to the website about the walk:
http://mawalkforthewhisper.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=236027
This morning I read through a number of hymns in a section of my hymnbook called Longings. It was so refreshing to realize that while I worry about my spiritual condition through this ordeal, I can just pour out my longing to the Lord regarding all my inadequacies and He, the faithful One Who calls us, will take care of those inadequacies and accomplish what He desires. He operates the willing and the working of His good pleasure. He is able, as the children's song goes, to carry us through.
Jude 1:24 - But to Him who is able to guard you from stumbling and to set you before His glory without blemish in exultation,
To Him be the glory!
Much love,
Joanne
Please pray for restored energy, staying hydrated and getting some sleep - I haven't been sleeping too well these days.
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Mom,
I am glad your are feeling okay. Hopefully these positive feelings will continue and abound. If I was in town you can be sure I would be walking that walk for you. Your endurance and perseverance through all of this have been an encouragement to me to keep pushing. And your experiences of Christ are showing me that he can be all the more real to us in times of doubt and suffering. Keep pursuing Him, turning to Him and sharing Him with us through these entries.
I love and miss you,
Andrew
Post a Comment