I feel a bit better - seems like I've turned the corner and have a bit more energy and appetite. I took a walk today - it was a really glorious day - breezy and sunny and not humid. Despite a recurring headache, I was able to walk around the block! Sometimes I feel isolated in my room, so being outside was a real treat. I was really exhausted when I was done. I appreciate everyone's prayer for so many items over the past weeks. Thank you all for praying. Please continue to pray that I won't be afraid of the next round of chemo - and that the symptoms would lessen or at least be bearable and that the chemo would do its work of destroying all the cancer cells.
I was enjoying this verse today: 2 Timothy 1:12b: for I know whom I have believed, and I am persuaded that He is able to guard my deposit unto that day. - I especially enjoyed the first part "for I know Whom I have believed". Sometimes I am bewildered by the life I now live - so different from before - so limited, and rather plain and I wonder why this is necessary. While I don't always have an answer, I know Whom I have believed. I know Him - and that makes the difference in wrestling with unanswerable questions.
Much love,
Joanne
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Joanne,
You are an encouragement to US!
I marvel in your faith!
Hold steady. We love you.
Rose Marie and Family
Dear Joanne,
I have been keeping up with the blog, but I am sorry I do not write much. But I am praying often for you and your family I appreciated your entry on Wednesday, that while we don't have any answers, we know Him!
This is our faith, we know Him and believe His heart is good toward us.
Awhile back I enjoyed Hymn 673, especially vs. 1 and 4. I'll just quote vs. 1 here:
I take my portion from Thy Hand.
And do not seek to understand;
For I am blind, while Thou dost see,
Thy will is mine, whate'er it be.
We really just see through the glass darkly. But our faith is that He knows what He is doing, He knows how to carry out His heart's desire in us for the buliding up of His glorious Body!
May the Lord's grace abound to you richly day by day, hour by hour.
Love,
Jean Cuthbertson
Post a Comment