Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Prayer Requests for this week

Hi Everyone,
This week my two sons Stephen and Andrew left for school - I will miss them terribly. They have been so dear and such a big help this summer.

I started having bleeding yesterday which may have been because of trying to help Andrew pack (which required a lot of bending at the waist). I am trying to lay low and take it easy.

Please pray about the new chemo round this week. The new drug for the Interperitoneal chemo has a lot of very serious side effects - like kidney failure, deafness, nausea, vomiting, etc. In order to avoid the kidney problems, I have to drink 2-3 liters of water each day during and after the treatment. I also have to get another injection of neupegen (sp!) which stimulates the bone marrow to produce more blood cells - and this shot causes pain in the bones. It also can cause an allergic reaction so please pray that everything goes as it should and that I am not too overcome by pain and nausea and that I would not have any kind of secondary infection. Also, that I would not become dehydrated due to nausea.

I am worried as I face this round of chemo but I am so thankful that this protocol is available to me.

I have been sustained by all your prayers - they bring the supply to face each day. I'm going to rest now. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!

Joanne

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Joanne,

Our prayers are with you everyday.

I'll just remind you of a quote that I learned from this blog a few months ago: "Chase the rainbow through the rain and morn shall tearless be."
Keep your eyes on the rainbow!
Love always, Mary & John

Anonymous said...

Yes, you (and your family) are being bathed in prayer with all kinds of prayers. May the peace that surpasses all understanding guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

Anonymous said...

It's late Friday nite and you're probably more tired than any of us. O Lord Jesus grant Joanne a thorough rest tonite. It's cool in the hospital, Joanne. It's going to be 90 tomorrow. Remember those days on the beach when the kids were little? Or better yet, Rosemary Pool (or whatever it was called) where we moved around like hippos with only our head above water? We could never do it now. No interest is "sun" bathing.

Ken was with Andrew in Austin. They're having a wonderful time.

Goodnite. Talk to you again.

E.