Wednesday, August 29, 2007

hard to sleep

I have been having a hard time sleeping - it seems that I am having night sweats, hot flashes, and all the intestinal troubles that come with chemo all at the same time. So I haven't really been able to sleep well or much at all. Please pray for this and tomorrow's round of taxol - I can't imagine feeling worse that I feel right now - so Lord, strengthen me to take today's portion of grace.

I don't have much energy to write too much but know that I am sustained by the prayers of everyone. I will write more later if I am able.

Joanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joanne -

I am sorry to hear that you've been so uncomfortable with this new chemo. Please rest and don't try to do too much.

Don't worry -- if you can't pick apples this year, we'll bring some to you. And maybe I'll even attempt the Polish apple cake.

I love you tons and tons!

XOXOXXOXXXXOO Terri

Hannah said...

Dear Joanne,
Do you have an OT Recovery version handy, or have someone to read it to you? I was so touched by Psalm 84 a couple nights ago, and thought especially of you (and my dad). I can't quote the whole thing here, but if you have any strength to read it, with the footnotes, it is such a gem. "Passing through the valley of Baca ["weeping"] they make it a spring ..." It touched me that it said "THEY make it a spring." I guess this means that the Lord is already there as a spring, but we need to set our hearts on Zion in order to fully enter into that experience, to turn our valleys of weeping into springs. The issue is the real church life, that is, Zion.
By sharing this with my limited utterance, I am not trying to minimize your suffering. I appreciate your honesty about what you are going through. You are very much in my prayers tonight, as you often are.
Love,
Hannah
P.S. It was good to see Andrew in the meeting on the Lordsday! We will have him over soon for dinner.