Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Update

I am feeling kind of awful due to the first part of the chemo round - I have the second part on Thursday - 2 hours of IP Taxol (they fill my abdominal cavity with the chemo. I had IP cisplatin last Saturday - it is uncomfortable - makes me feel very full and also the nurses had a hard time getting the needle into the port. Paul has a cold which is very dangerous for me and isolating for him -so please pray that I won't be getting any infections and that he will heal quickly. This chemo protocol really surpresses the white blood cell count so I have to have 11 injections of neupegen during the 21 days - Paul is the needle giver - hence the concern about the infection potential. I will be having 4 rounds of this new chemo which will bring me into the beginning of November - a bit longer than I had thought. So perhaps no apple picking this year - I should still be able to make a pumpkin pie I hope! Please pray for all the side effects etc. of all the drugs and that this chemo will make contact with and destroy all the cancer cells that still exist. Lamentations 3:22-23: 22 It is Jehovah's lovingkindness that we are not consumed, For His compassions do not fail; 23 They are new every morning;

THank you Lord for your new compassions and mercy today.

Gotta go - much love,
Joanne

No comments: