Monday, August 13, 2007

Post Operative Visit with a few edits

Hi Everyone,
I just want to correct a couple of items Stephen put into the blog yesterday - there was an opening in the incision but it was not infected. The opening was very small - about the size of a pea - so it will close and is closing up - there was no redness around the opening - so I am certain there was not infection. I cleaned it out once and then there was a scab over it so I am not sure how to proceed. I will ask the nurse on Tuesday.

I will be having chemotherapy on August 23-25 - as an in-patient at Brigham and Women's. They will be doing both types of chemo at that time - the interperitoneal - which goes into the abdominal cavity directly and also the IV - which I have been having. The IP chemo requires that I be in the hospital for its administration. Please pray for this chemo treatment that it will reach all the tiny tumors (1-2mm) that the doctors were unable to remove surgically - and for me that I am not overcome with anxiety about it.

I praise the Lord for so much answered prayer - thank you all for your faithful and diligent prayer for all the details of the surgery - the Lord surely did answer and so we believe that this is His will. I pray that through all this I gain Him more and more each day. Sometimes I worry that I am not gaining the Lord because I get so focused on my physical status.

Yesterday I was reminded of this verse from Psalms 34. 8 Taste and see that Jehovah is good; Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.

It is interesting that the tasting of Jehovah is coupled with taking refuge in Him. These days I have taken refuge in Him - I cannot find refuge elsewhere. I was encouraged to see that this is also a tasting of the Lord - so I can testify that He is good!

Much love to all of you -
Joanne

No comments: