Yesterday afternoon and evening we had a snow storm and got about 12 inches of fluffy white snow - it is really beautiful this morning to see everything covered in white. During the night however I was plagued by an incessant reminder of an old sin that I had confessed - the thought that kept me awake a good part of the night was that what I had done was not enough - I had not made it right completely and that this would cost me the kingdom. When I woke up this morning and looked at the snow, I was reminded of that verse in Isaiah 1:18: Come now and let us reason together, Says Jehovah. Though your sins are like scarlet, They will be as white as snow; Though they are as red as crimson, They will be like wool.
Here's another verse: Psalms 103:12: As far as the east is from the west, So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
And of course the verse in 1 John 1:9: If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I was also reminded of the accuser of the brethren who accuses us before God day and night (Rev. 12:10) and how to overcome him: Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they loved not their soul-life even unto death. The enemy of God would like to remind of our sins and keep us in a constant anxiety about them, thus robbing us of enjoying all that Christ has accomplished on the cross.
I was also reminded that I am a member of the body of Christ and as a member I am clothed with the armor of God, by which I can stand against the stratagems of the devil(Eph 6). One part of the armor is the helmet of salvation. Here is a footnote about the effectiveness of this helmet:
17-1 Receiving the helmet of salvation is for covering our mind, our mentality, against the negative thoughts shot in by the evil one. Such a helmet, such a covering, is God's salvation. Satan injects threats, worries, anxieties, and other weakening thoughts into our mind. God's salvation is the covering that we take up against all these. Such a salvation is the saving Christ whom we experience in our daily life.
With this helmet and with the sword of the Spirit-the Word of God, we are able to overcome, to withstand in the evil day! Today, I choose to be empowered in the Lord and in the might of His strength (Eph. 6:10). This strength is really quite powerful - it is the the power that raised Christ from the dead and seated Him in the heavens, far above all the evil spirits in the air.
I am reminded of this wonderful hymn:
1 Praise Him! praise Him! Christ is Victor!
He has won the victory!
Sin is judged, old Adam finished,
Full redemption now we see!
Vanquished all the evil powers
Thru the Cross triumphantly!
2 Praise Him! Christ is resurrected!
God hath raised Him from the dead!
All the pow’r of death is swallowed,
Man from death to life is led!
Broken through are hell and darkness
And His pow’r exhibited!
3 Praise Him! Christ hath now ascended!
God hath raised Him to the throne!
Far above all rule and power,
He the highest Name doth own!
All authority receiving
Till His foe is overthrown!
4 Hallelujah, Christ the Victor
Triumphed on Mt. Calvary!
Hallelujah, resurrected,
He displays His victory!
Hallelujah, now ascended,
He shall reign eternally!
Here's a link to the tune if you want to sing along: http://www.hymnal.net/Hymns/Hymnal/midi/e0009_i.mid
Today I have an appointment with Dr. Berkowitz and a pre-op visit at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Please pray for the Lord to cover all aspect of the surgery which is December 20th at 7:30 am.
Take time to enjoy Christ our Victor today!
Joanne
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so thankful to the Lord for all He does for you and your family. Truly He is worthy of our devotion and trust. Thank you for writing this blog, for sharing your struggles and His abundant supply in meeting those needs. Jesus continues to minister to me through you and my faith in Him grows as I seek Him on your behalf...when I have been faithful to do so and when I was not His grace woos me back...these hymns are wonderful, too. I can see how the Lord uses them to help us meditate on truths through song...so beautiful. In Him
Post a Comment