These days since the chemotherapy has ended, I have been hoping for a quick resurgence of energy - but have not really experienced the immediacy I had hoped for. I have found that I need to depend helplessly on the Lord each day and not on that energy surge which seems so fleeting at times. I discovered a hymn by Margaret E. Barber - the verses were a real comfort to me:
Deep down into the depths of this Thy Name,
My God, I sink and dwell in calm delight;
Thou art enough however long the day,
Thou art enough however dark the night.
Thou art my God - the All-Sufficient One,
Thou canst create for me whate'er I lack;
Thy mighty hand has strewn the lonely track
With miracles of love and tender care.
For me, Thy trusting one, My God I dare
Once more to fling myself upon Thy breast,
And there adore Thy ways in faith's deep rest,
And there adore Thy ways in faith's quiet rest.
Isn't this a marvelous hymn? Faith offers a deep, quiet rest. I am so thankful for that. Also there is a depth in the Lord's name that we can sink and dwell in! These days I have been dwelling in my considerations about myself - there is no calm delight there - only anxiety. How wonderful to turn to the Author and Perfecter of our faith to be strengthened, nourished and encouraged. Let us all just fling ourselves upon His tender, loving breast!
Since I have been moving around more (up and down the stairs etc.) I have been having a lot of joint pain - I can't really take anything for the pain since I am also taking a blood thinner - so, please pray for more grace! Also please pray for the Lord's leading about which vitamins and nutritional path I should take - I have been receiving a lot of advice from people as well as reading books and want to follow the Lord's leading in this matter.
Yesterday I thought I would tackle the unpaired socks in my room - however, soon I was overwhelmed with probably over one hundred single socks - I spread them out all over my bed and then just had to lie down! I can't believe I had so many - it was amazing. I just separated them into darks and whites and put them in bags...to deal with another day.
I still haven't heard from the Nurse about the surgery - I will call her again today.
Thank you all for your sustaining prayers - may we all dive into Christ, our All-Sufficient One!
Much Love,
Joanne
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
...Laughing about the socks, overwhelming to even a non-chemo-afflicted person, and feeling so supplied by all that you are enjoying and nourishing us with.
You're still in my prayers!
And we love having Andrew in our home meeting!
Hi Joanne:
Advise about the single socks.......Throw them all away and buy new ones. A little wasteful? Yes, but worth the mental health.
Grace & Peace to you!
Post a Comment