I just have a moment as I am actually going out this afternoon to a friend's home from Westgate Christian Academy where I worked for many years. I am kind of excited to be going out - it does get lonely at home by myself at times. To think I used to yearn for alone time....the Lord has a kind of sense of humor - kind of like the quail that the children of Israel longed for and complained about - they got tons and they became loathesome to them - seems that only Christ can satisfy.
Here's a great hymn about how only Christ can satisfy:
O Christ, in Thee my soul hath found,
And found in Thee alone,
The peace, the joy I sought so long,
The bliss till now unknown.
Refrain:
Now none but Christ can satisfy,
None other name for me;
There's love, and life, and lasting joy,
Lord Jesus, found in Thee.
I sighed for rest and happiness,
I yearned for them, not Thee;
But while I passed my Saviour by,
His love laid hold on me.
I tried the broken cisterns, Lord,
But ah! the waters failed!
E'en as I stooped to drink they'd fled,
And mocked me as I wailed.
The pleasures lost I sadly mourned,
But never wept for Thee,
Till grace the sightless eyes received,
Thy loveliness to see.
My favorite line is - while I passed my Saviour by, His love laid hold on me! Hallelujah!
Oh yes, about the surgery....
The surgery to remove the IP port is scheduled for December 20 at 7:30 am. The procedure should take 30 minutes with 2 hours in recovery. Most patients really have little difficulty with this surgery - which is great for me to hear since the word surgery surely brings up memories I'd like to forget...
I must go now - I appreciate your continued prayers as the Lord leads each one of you. May He continue to satisfy you all today.
Joanne
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful hymn, thanks for sharing that. So encouraged about where you are today. The Lord Jesus continue to be your strength and peace.
In Him
Post a Comment