Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Slow recovery

Sorry for the delay in writing - it has been a long, slow process recovering from this last chemo treatment. I also went off all pain meds and am having withdrawal symptoms (headache, fatigue) and still have the intestinal issues which also make me weak. I went to a store with Anna and lasted about 10 minutes before I had to return to the car. It seems like I have no reserve supply of energy so when I use up what I have, I just about collapse. I don't do well with headaches and have a whopper of one today. I also haven't been sleeping well - but when I wake up I take the time to pray! I'm planning a Thanksgiving dinner and hope to have the energy to be there. Anna is doing most of the cooking - which is a real blessing. My mom is coming to stay for the week and my brother Michael and his family will also be here as well as Stephen and Andrew and other people that Anna has invited. It will be a full house - but I thoroughly enjoy this holiday - its roots are so wonderful - giving thanks for all that the Lord has done for us. We have so much to be thankful for. Each day when I open my eyes (even if it is 4:00 am) I thank the Lord for another day and consecrate it to Him - that throughout the day I would be one who ministers Christ to people and not just my problems or myself...

I read these verses yesterday and I was so encouraged:

2 Peter 1:3-4,
3 Seeing that His divine power has granted to us all things which relate to life and godliness, through the full knowledge of Him who has called us by His own glory and virtue,

4 Through which He has granted to us precious and exceedingly great promises that through these you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption which is in the world by lust.

I was so encouraged that we have been granted all things which relate to life and godliness and we have been given precious promises so that we can become partakers of the divine nature! How marvelous is this! So each day we can stand of the promises of God when we pray Lord keep me partaking of You today. Thank you for all things which relate to Life!

As the Lord leads, please continue to pray that the side effects of the chemo will subside and I will be stronger - also please pray for the upcoming surgery when they will remove the IP port. It is not scheduled yet but should be sometime in December.

Thank you all for all the different manifestations of love - by your calls, emails, meals, serving our family - it has been and continues to be such a supply to all of us and reminds me daily that the Lord, whose name is El Roi, is the God who sees and is supplying a superabundant supply of grace. You all are the channels of His grace - and I am so thankful for you all!

Much love,
Joanne

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Joanne:
My prayer for you (other than this post actually GETS to you) is that you come to "know that you know" that God's grace for you has already been perfected in the blood, and that we do not need to pray for more of his grace....WE ALREADY HAVE IT!!reach deep inside to the Spirit, past the portacath, and YOU release His grace and healing. YOU speak to the mountain...when ever you fellowship with your symptoms and fear, you strengthen them...You quoted Watchman, you ARE healed- step aside from the manifestation by speaking only the Words of healing.
It is your life....
Love,Rose

ps, I'll come over anytime to pray, just call me..

Jen said...

Joanne, God brought these scriptures to my mind just now--

1 Samuel 2:2-10
2 There is no one holy like the LORD, Indeed, there is no one besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God. 3 Boast no more so very proudly, Do not let arrogance come out of your mouth; For the LORD is a God of knowledge, And with Him actions are weighed. 4 The bows of the mighty are shattered, But the feeble gird on strength. 5 Those who were full hire themselves out for bread, But those who were hungry cease {to hunger.} Even the barren gives birth to seven, But she who has many children languishes. 6 The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to Sheol and raises up. 7 The LORD makes poor and rich; He brings low, He also exalts. 8 He raises the poor from the dust, He lifts the needy from the ash heap to make them sit with nobles, And inherit a seat of honor; For the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S,and He set the world on them. 9 He keeps the feet of His godly ones, But the wicked ones are silenced in darkness; For not by might shall a man prevail."

Isaiah 45:5-10
5 "I am the LORD, and there is no other; Besides Me there is no God. I will gird you, though you have not known Me; 6 That men may know from the rising to the setting of the sun That there is no one besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other, 7 The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these. 8 Drip down, O heavens, from above, And let the clouds pour down righteousness; Let the earth open up and salvation bear fruit, And righteousness spring up with it. I, the LORD, have created it. 9 Woe to {the one} who quarrels with his Maker-- An earthenware vessel among the vessels of earth! Will the
clay say to the potter, What are you doing?' Or the thing you are making {say,} 'He has no hands'? 10 Woe to him who says to a father, 'What are you begetting?' Or to a woman, 'To what are you giving birth?' "

and

Is 50:10, 11
10 "Who is among you that fears the LORD, That obeys the voice of His servant, that walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God. 11 Behold, all you who kindle a fire, Who encircle yourselves with firebrands, Walk in the light of your fire And among the brands you have set ablaze. This you will have from My hand: You will lie down in torment."

and

Daniel 4:35
"All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, But He does according to His will in the host of heaven And {among} the inhabitants of earth; And no one can ward off His hand Or say to Him,'What have You done?'

and

Isaiah 53:10-12
10 But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting {Him} to grief; If He would render Himself {as} a guilt offering, He will see {His} offspring, He will prolong {His} days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand. 11 As a result of the anguish of His soul, He will see {it and} be satisfied; By His knowledge the Righteous One, My Servant, will justify the many, As He will bear their iniquities. 12 Therefore, I will allot Him a portion with the great, And He will divide the booty with the strong; Because He poured
out Himself to death, And was numbered with the transgressors; Yet He Himself bore the sin of many, And interceded for the transgressors."

You are in my prayers -- Jen

KTG said...

Dear Joanne,
Yes You have ministered Christ to me!My favorite song when you were my teacher in childrens meeting was...
"Two eyes to see all that the Lord has made,
Two ears to listen to His Holy Word,
Two feet to run the way of righteousness
And my two hands for serving Christ the Lord"
I'm so glad we could enjoy the Lord together then and now.Every part of us can be used for God!Looking forward to seeing you when your catheter is gone and you're feeling better. Love, Kathryn Bradley

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanne:
Here are some healing verses from the NEW TESTAMENT for your focus today...I especially love Mat 21:21and Mark 11_23-24. We are new covenant daughters and you are my sister. Have a blessed and healthy Thanksgiving!
Rose

Matthew 8:17
This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah: "He took up our infirmities and carried our diseases."

Matthew 18:18-19
"I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Matthew 21:21
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

Mark 11:23-24
"I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, `Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

Romans 8:11
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

II Corinthians 10:4-5
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Galatians 3:13-14
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Ephesians 6:10-17
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Philippians 2:13
...for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

II Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

Hebrews 10:35
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

James 5:14-15
Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.

I Peter 2:24
He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

I John 3:21-22
Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him.

III John 2
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.

Revelations 12:11
They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanne:

One more thing, this just came to me in an email this morning and I have to share it with you (and you too, Jen!)
Rose

"There's an old Full Gospel tradition that says God gets glory from the wonderful way His children bear pain and agony and that the world is impressed by that. What a lie! That's simply a tool of the devil to keep God's children in bondage.

People of the world already have all the pain and agony they want. They aren't looking for a way into it. They are looking for a way out. They don't care what you preach. It's the religious people who get worried about that. The world, the sinners, are smarter than that. All they care about are the results.

The Bible says that God gets glory when they see the lame walk and the blind see (Matt. 15:31). Jesus said, "Herein is My Father glorified, when you bear much fruit" (John 15:8). What is that fruit? Lives being restored and healed by the power of God.

Now that's fruit! That brings God glory. When we minister healing and deliverance like Jesus on the earth, that brings God glory. Let's do away with religious tradition and go with what the Word says. Let's impress the world with Jesus and give God the glory today!"