Thursday, November 1, 2007

chemo complete

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I haven't written much - this has been a scary week - I had trouble stabilizing those electrolytes and kept feeling faint - I am still a bit wobbly. The chemo was okay - just oh so bloating. What a treat to find out that teachers at Boston Trinity have offered to bring meals for my family for the next week! Bringing meals is such a supply to my family - especially since my husband doesn't really cook and hasn't acquired the skill of menu planning among his million other skills. I can see how he can relax at least about the meals, which is so wonderful.

The chemo needle was hard to insert this time which was painful but endurable. Thank You Lord for Your grace - Here is a testimony Watchman Nee wrote about healing:

"Some illnesses are healed immediately; others are not. Once when sick, I asked the Lord to heal me. The Lord said, “The healing will not take place quickly, but My grace is sufficient for you.” Then the Lord showed me something. A boat sailing in the middle of a stream was facing a big rock and could not get through. The Lord asked me, “Shall I remove the rock so you can get through, or shall I raise the water level so that you can go over it?” At that moment I was clear concerning the Lord’s will, and I said, “Lord, I do not ask to have the problem removed; I ask for an increase of Your grace.”"

This testimony has always touched me - I want the boulder removed and sometimes it is. But when it is not, I need to be reminded that the Lord wants to increase grace to me. What a wonderful gift - this increased grace.

So, the next step is to see the surgeon about having the IP port removed, have a CT scan to see how effective the chemo has been - this will all be done after THanksgiving. Please pray that I am not to saddled by side effects and that I am not dehydrated from the intestinal difficulties.

Another 2 verses that really supplied me this week are 1 Peter 1:7-8:
1 Peter 1 : 7 ---- 1 Peter 1 : 8

7 So that the proving of your faith, much more precious than of gold which perishes though it is proved by fire, may be found unto praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

8 Whom having not seen, you love; into whom though not seeing Him at present, yet believing, you exult with joy that is unspeakable and full of glory,

Sometimes in the fire-y trial it is hard to see the Lord - but I do love this One whom I have not seen - and I know whom I have believed. He is able. Praise Him!

Love you all,
Joanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! The Lord rejoices over you and your family.