Saturday, November 24, 2007

Recovering from "too much chopping"

Hi everyone,
It has taken a few days to recover from the seemingly endless chopping, baking, cooking, dishwashing and recipe reading that went on for the Thanksgiving dinner we enjoyed this week. My mom and my daughter Anna worked so hard. My brother Mike and his wife, Ai-Lien also came on Thanksgiving and worked very hard - we couldn't have done it without them. I petered out after about 15 minutes into the meal and had to lie down (for 4 hours - it turned out). I missed saying good bye to everyone but really enjoyed every moment of the day. What a wonderful opportunity to gather together and thank the Lord for all He is and has accomplished for us! Ephesians 5:20 says: "Giving thanks at all times for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to our God and Father," and 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
In addition, there is a church conference in Boston, so each afternoon I have had visits and telephone calls from people I haven't seen in a long time - I am not able to attend the conference but am so thankful for these visits. What a rich inheritance we have in each other! I wouldn't be here today without all of you!

Since this was a holiday weekend, I don't have any information regarding the upcoming surgery - I hope to know more when I call on Monday.

May the Lord richly bless each of you with abundant grace,and with a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the full knowledge of Him!

Joanne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Joanne, for the updates. I'm so blessed for your thanksgiving experience, for your family being with you and God using them and your friends to shower you with His love and support. We do have much to be thankful for. Your lives glorify Jesus. May He continue to increase your strength, continue to comfort you and continue to be your all in all. You are beautiful. Your sister in Christ..