Friday, October 19, 2007

next round of chemo Tuesday

Hi everyone,
I have been feeling kind of tired but at least a bit better - still have that awful taste in my mouth but overall I have been doing better. I am scheduled to have the next and perhaps last round of chemo this week - Tuesday through Thursday at the hospital and then next Thursday (Nov 1) for the final IP treatment. I don't have the definite word yet from Dr. Berlin that this will be the last but that is what I was told at the beginning of treatment. I will check with her on Tuesday. Please pray for this chemo round - that it will target all the cancer cells and that my body will be able to endure this treatment without severe side effects. It is hard to go through when I'm not feeling that good.

I saw Dr. Berkowitz Friday and he took a look at the source of the bleeding and said that he could see no visible cancer there but that it was a crevice about the size of a pea - he used silver nitrate sticks to cauterize it - but he told me there was no reason to worry - I am thankful for that.

I saw something today about eating without any real taste for food - it is difficult but because I have the habit I just do it. It is not very enjoyable and I don't eat as much as I would if it tasted good but I still do it. I realized that this is like spiritual nutrition too. Jesus said He who eats me shall live because of Me. There is a verse in Jeremiah 15:16:
Your words were found and I ate them, And Your word became to me The gladness and joy of my heart, For I am called by Your name, O Jehovah, God of hosts.

How much I need to keep eating the Word, breathing in the Lord day by day whether I have the taste or not - so my heart will be filled with the gladness and joy that comes from enjoying the Word of God. Please pray for this too - I don't want to miss the Lord these days.

Thank you all for your continued sustaining prayer - what a supply it brings!
Much love,
Joanne

1 comment:

ellenarnold said...

Dear Sister Joanne, We are praying for you in Tucson, AZ. May you experience abundant grace tomorrow, and be well in time for the Thanksgiving conference ! With love, Ellen Arnold