My husband reminded me of this hymn which is wonderful and a real supply to anyone facing something that they'd rather not face or somewhere that they did not choose to venture:
Here's a link to the music: My Hope is Built on Nothing Less
1 My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
2 When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
3 His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
4 When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
This hymn says it all - His name is a sure resting place, His grace is unchanging, His promises uphold me in the flood and when everything else I ever hoped in fails, He fails not - He is all my hope and stay. Even when I stand before Him, in Him as my righteousness, He will eternally be my resting place, my hope and my refuge!
Praise Him!
Joanne
P.S. Today is chemo day - please continue to pray for the effectiveness of this chemo, not too many side effects, and that the Lord would cover my body from damage from the chemo and the nurses would get that needle in the first try! Oh Lord!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment