The shower is getting easier - I was able to remove the dressing without much trouble. My big problem is that I don't want to look at the wound - I am really a chicken - the open wound just makes me feel faint. So it is tricky trying to shower, remove a bandage and then get dried off and dressed with my eyes either closed or looking up. Right now I have an aide to guide me....The nurse says the wound is healing well - which is a real answer to prayer.
I am supposed to be drinking 70-80 oz. of water a day - this is not so easy. The nutritionist said that being hydrated is the best way to fight the side effects of the chemo. So I am trying to drink. I took a walk outside yesterday with the physical therapist - everything is so green and beautiful. It was breezy which felt great! I made it down the street and back which was huge for me.
I'm trying to rest up so that I can go to Andrew's graduation tomorrow - please pray for the Lord's life to supply my physical body so that I can attend. It is at night and I have been really exhausted by around 3:30 every day. So we'll see what happens. I have to miss Anna's graduation in the morning but I think Paul and Stephen will attend.
Psalm 92: 1 - It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord and to sing praises unto Thy name, O Most High.
Thank you Lord for today - for today's portion of grace and for the bountiful supply of the Spirit.
Much love, Joanne
Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Joanne,
It is so good to hear directly from you and so encouraging that day by day you receive the strength and the grace to face and overcome all the difficulties! Surely the Lord will be your supply in everything and for all that you and your family need--physically and spiritually. Everything that comes our way, whether good or bad in our eyes, is good in His because it is all for our gaining more of Christ. Praise Him that HE is "all in all forever"!
Love,
Dawn
dawndresser@verizon.net
Joanne,
We're happy to hear that you're home and will continue to pray that the Lord will strengthen you more each day. Congratulations on Andrew and Anna's graduations. Whether you can attend the ceremonies or not they certainly know how much you love and care for them! Jesus is Lord!
With love,
John & Pam
Dear Sister Joanne,
I am very touched by your spirit via Psalm 92:1 and your thanks to the Lord for "Today". Yes, count our whole life time, how much time will be counted in the eye of the Lord. Without His Grace and Mercy, may be no one second could be good for the Lord. Dear Sister, when you are weak in your body, please be strong in your spirit to praise Him. The Lord will count your time 1 min as 1000 years. This is a great reward in the Kingdom.
Dear Sister. I am so encouraged by you. You are supplying the whole Body in your suffering. May Lord's more Grace be upon you to bring your back to serve Him. In faith Let us Pray.
In His Love
Joanne,
This is Ron and Nancy Diamond. We heard regarding your illness actually through Art and Cara here in Austin. Thank the Lord for the varied grace of God. We deeply appreciate the penetrating experiences of Christ you, Paul and the children are experiencing. We are truly in one Body and members one of another. Our organic relationship in Christ has brought in much more than empathy but rather an intrinsic bonding, a co-suffering and co-enduring with you. From reading your blogs there is a testimony here of one exercised to live a mingling living, a God-man living, not merely in the physical realm but in the divine and mystical realm.
Our human life is short compared with His upcoming Kingdom of one thousand years.We live today by His mercy not for anything of the physical realm but for His eternal purpose. God created us in His image and put eternity in our hearts. We have been designed for God, we have highways to Zion in our hearts and praise Him He is carrying out His divine design in all our lives.
Thank you Joanne for being a testimony of one exercised to live now in the Kingdom's reality. Our today's living in this reality will one day be manifested openly. And that manifestation in glory will be to us a great prize. Hallelujah Christ is Victor!
God's Kingdom today is a real exercise,
But when Christ comes to reign it will be a great prize...
Please greet Anna, Stephen, Andrew, Elizabeth and my dear brother Paul. We miss seeing you all very much.
JESUS IS LORD!!
With much love,
Ron and Nancy Diamond
Joanne, here's that quote I read to you earlier from Fra Giovanni (early 1500's) --
"No Heaven can come to us unless our hearts find rest today.
Take Heaven!
No peace lies in the future which is not hidden in this present little instant.
Take Peace!
The gloom of the world is but a shadow.
Behind it, yet within our reach, is Joy.
There is radiance & glory in the darkness,
Could we but see; and to see, we have only to look.
I beseech you to look."
It was good to talk to you today as always... You know you have my prayers.
Jen
Post a Comment