Friday, June 29, 2007

upcoming "events"

Hi Everyone,
My visit with Dr. Berkowitz was enlightening, encouraging and downright scary too! He was exceedingly encouraged about the CA125 marker level of 9; and said that the cancer in the abdomen had decreased significantly. There is still a tumor on the bowel and nodules in the upper abdomen. He decided that I should have the next round of chemo, scheduled for July 6th. He also scheduled surgery for July 26, which will remove all gross tumor, possibly involve a hysterectomy and also may involve bowel surgery which could (very slight chance) result in a colostomy. I will need to drink that awful stuff to empty my bowel the night before - with all your prayer I will keep it down and it will work.

Please pray for this next round of chemo that it significantly shrinks that tumor on the bowel and all cancerous cells. Also pray as the Lord leads you, regarding the side effects of the chemo - the nausea and the horrible leg pain that kept me awake for nights and days. Also pray for my physical strength and for all the details surrounding the surgery.

God is faithful. He is the Great Shepherd of the sheep, and He is my shepherd, who is with me through the valley of the shadow of death. I read the following explanation recently: "This means that we experience His presence. For Him to be with us is for us to enjoy His presence. His presence is a comfort, a rescue, and a sustaining power to us when we are walking in the valley of the shadow of death."

Thank you Lord for Your sweet presence and moment by moment supply. Thank you dear friends for your support, your prayers and your love.

Joanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joanne for wearing yourself out some more just to let us all know what's happening with your situation. I am touched very intimately with these writings - not an editorial on you but you.

I am leaving for the training tomorrow morning early. The world traveller is now very reluctant to get on planes. And then I found out there are four young saints on the same plane. What a relief and a thankfulness to the Lord Jesus.

Have been in a little contact with Missy and will get on the schedule to see you at Norwell when I get back from California.

"Him who did not know sin He made sin on our behalf that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Cor 5:21. Not righteous but "the righteousness." This is happening to us Joanne.

E.

Anonymous said...

Dear Joanne,
Here is something that I have wanted to share with you for awhile, and I hope that you will receive it with the right spirit. It has helped me very much over the years when I found myself in a difficult situation.

Do you remember Alida and Charlie Sanchez? Just a few weeks before Alida went to be with the Lord in November, 1982, Carl (who has also gone to be with Him) and I visited them at Raz and Lindy's house as we passed through Boston on our way to a relative's wedding in Maine. I found myself at a loss for words to speak to her, and then heard myself blurt out, "Alida, are you scared?"

I have never forgotten her reply. She said: The enemy comes to me and says, "Look at you, Alida. The Lord has given up on you.” But the Lord then comes to me and says, "Alida, look at how much time I am spending on YOU."

She knew, she KNEW, that all that she was passing through was ordained by the Lord for her transformation and conformation and she was at peace with it. Her words have come to me as the Lord's word to me over and over again when I needed to hear such an encouraging word in a difficult situation. May these words encourage you now to go on, day by day, because the Lord has ordained all your days and every situation because of His great love for you and because he knows that you love Him.
"Casting all your anxiety upon Him because it matters to Him concerning you." I Peter 5:7

Love in Him,
Dawn