Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the delay in updating the blog - I haven't been feeling up to writing at the computer. But today I have more energy so I thought I'd give you all an update. The chemo went well - no allergic reactions; only restless leg reaction to 50 mg of benadryl - which isn't too bad - I just had to walk around a bit to alleviate the feeling. I went in at 9:00 am and left at 6:30. A long day - but it was okay. I had meetings with the social worker and the nutritionist which helped pass the time. I was also able to sleep for a couple of hours, which is also great. THank you Lord for all the prayers and for the supply that day.
I was able to eat a bit more - I found that saltines work great to keep something in my stomach without overwhelming it - so I lived on that and soup. The worst part is that I get overwhelmed emotionally and cry a lot and also I had a lot of very painful neuropathy in my legs. It has subsided somewhat today and I am thankful for that.
Things to pray about: I have a CT scan on Monday to determine what is going on with the tumors and to see whether I will have surgery before or after the 4th round of chemo. The wound from the first surgery is not quite healed but is doing well - so it is a bit hard to think about another surgery - but the Lord has carried me thus far and will continue I am sure. Please pray for wisdom for Dr. Berkowitz and his team. Also please pray that I will remain healthy - since my white blood cell count is lower and I am at risk for infections.
I appreciated those to responded to my questions about suffering and gaining the Lord. I am so encouraged to keep looking at away to Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of faith. When we behold Him, we are transformed into the same image! That is quite remarkable and encouraging.
Please pray for my family these days. It is hard to have a mom who is not able to do what I used to do - hard on Paul and on the kids. Please pray that they can access the all-sufficient grace day by day to keep them encouraged and full of peace.
One more prayer request - I am supposed to give myself a shot twice daily - it is a small needle and it goes into fat pockets in my belly (which are plentiful) but I have quite the mental block about this and am struggling to overcome my mind which will not allow me to perform this task. So, your prayers would be appreciated!
My CA125 marker was down to 9 - but the doctor says that's not all they look at.
I am getting a bit tired now - so I will sign off. Praise the Lord for all your encouraging words, for your prayers and thoughtful words and deeds. I am sustained by them moment by moment.
Joanne
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praise God for how He has brought you through this last round... As we all get bogged down by what we think we can't get done today - remember to keep looking up to see how much He can get done and how He is sustaining you Joanne. He has a perfect plan for you and your whole family. It was great to talk today and you are truly a great friend and caregiver to all of us - thank you for YOUR prayers and your love !
Tash
Post a Comment