Because of all your prayers and petitions, I was home for Thanksgiving with my family and friends. Even though the floor I stayed on is very "spa-like", home is most definitely better! I am feeling the side effects of the chemo - so please pray for less nausea/fatigue as the Lord leads.
I had to go into Dana-Farber yesterday to have IV fluids since I was so dehydrated from the nausea/vomiting etc. from the chemo. I feel MUCH better today.
I found this hymn for Thanksgiving that I thought I'd share with you: it might be a repeat from last year - please forgive me if it is:
Here is a link to the tune: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php?t=h&n=1342&f=mid
Our praise we are bringing
With hearts of thanksgiving,
With joy and with singing,
We thank You, O Lord.
Your goodness surrounds us,
Your power astounds us.
Our wonder abounds as
We thank You, O Lord.
Behind and before us,
You heal and restore us,
Your love evermore is
Our strength and our song.
Our praise we are bringing
With hearts of thanksgiving,
With joy and with singing
We thank You, O Lord.
For laughter and living,
Receiving and giving,
For love so suplifting,
We thank You, O Lord!
So freely You bless us,
You daily refresh us
Through people so precious.
We thank You, O Lord!
For tenderly caring,
For guiding and sharing,
For giving, for bearing
Through all of our needs.
Our praise we are bringing
With hearts of thanksgiving,
With joy and with singing
We thank You, O Lord.
The Bible is full of verses about how good it is to give thanks to the Lord, or to be thankful. Thank you Lord for Your bountiful supply which You so richly pour out on us daily.
Love you,
Joanne
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen...We are all relieved that you are feeling MUCH better than you were a few days ago. We will all continue to pray for your strength to get through this round and that the nausea will subside and you'll be able to stay hydrated...Thank you for sharing the hymn for Thanksgiving and for the link for the music...it was good to sing along with the tune. I love the line "Your love evermore is our strength and our song" Be revived by His grace today and richly supplied in your spirit, soul and body. Peace to you and love ~ Christine
Post a Comment