Hi everyone,
I had the second dose of chemo on Friday and had the same response - a headache, some stomach pain, fatigue and intestinal issues. Please continue to pray that the chemo is doing its work - killing the cancer cells and that the side effects are not too much to bear.
I was able to go apple picking with my 2 daughters Anna and Elizabeth and 2 dear sisters Rebecca and Saralyn. It was quite a glorious day - no clouds, no wind, no humidity, not too hot - just perfect. We went up to Stow, MA and I was able to pick apples! We really enjoyed the beautiful leaves - I can't remember them being quite so glorious. It is really amazing that the leaves, once they have lose their chlorophyll turn such a vibrant color before they fall off the tree and die.
1 If I’d know Christ’s risen power.
I must ever love the Cross;
Life from death alone arises;
There’s no gain except by loss.
Chorus
If no death, no life,
If no death, no life;
Life from death alone arises;
If no death, no life.
2 If I’d have Christ formed within me,
I must breathe my final breath,
Live within the Cross’s shadow,
Put my soul-life e’er to death.
3 If God thru th’ Eternal Spirit
Nail me ever with the Lord;
Only then as death is working
Will His life thru me be poured.
Perhaps the Lord created this cycle as a reminder to us that His death was not a tragedy or a horrible death, but a glorious one. Through His death, His life was released. As the grain of wheat which fell into the ground to die, He brought forth many grains - much fruit. So His death is celebrated every fall by the leaves turning such vibrant colors. I guess it's the same with us - while it seems like a terrible thing to face - the cross - actually it sets us free from self-centeredness, self-love and self-seeking. The experience of the cross's terminating is a gateway to experiencing the divine life. Like the last verse of the hymn says, only then as death is working will His life through me be poured.
Take a moment to enjoy the leaves today and praise the One whom they glorify!
Much love,
Joanne
3 comments:
Oh, that is beautiful -- both the physical and spiritual reality you pointed out.
Those pictures make me miss New England -- very little autumn color here, and certainly no apple-picking!
Hi Mrs. Juraschek,
Thank you for your blog post and the beautiful pictures!
Hi Joanne:
You were in my neighborhood. Next time come for a visit!
Love,
Carol
Post a Comment