This morning I was reading these verses in Hebrews 2:8b-9:
8 You have subjected all things under His feet. For in subjecting all things to Him, He left nothing unsubject to Him.But now we do not yet see all things subjected to Him,
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little inferior to the angels because of the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death on behalf of everything.
What touched me was that the fact is that God has subjected all things under the feet of Christ -but we don't see all things subjected to Him, BUT we see Jesus - crowned with glory and honor. Stephen, the first martyr saw Him standing at the right hand of the Father. This wonderful person Jesus has passed through suffering, death and has been raised, has passed through the heavens and is now crowned with glory and honor. Everything we need is in Him. When I look at my situation, I don't see things subjected to Him - but when I look away to Jesus, I see One who has conquered sin, death, the devil - One who is crowned with glory and honor.
This wonderful person lives in me! He is a treasure store of riches. When I need patience, He is patience. When I need unconditional love, He is that love. He is strong, buoyant and without sickness. Whatever I need, He is. He is the I Am. We are not called as Christians to imitate Him. That would be impossible for me. Rather, He is indwelling us and desires to live out His life through us.
Here's a hymn that goes along with these verses. The tune is "O Come All Ye Faithful". I enjoy all the adjectives about what Christ is:
THERE'S A MAN IN THE GLORY
There's a man in the glory whose life is for me.
He's pure and He's holy, triumphant and free.
He's wise and He's loving, how tender is He!
His life in the glory my life must be;
His life in the glory my life must be.
There's a man in the glory whose life is for me.
He overcame Satan; from bondage He's free.
In life He is reigning; how kingly is He!
His life in the glory my life must be.
There's a man in the glory whose life is for me.
In Him is no sickness; no weakness has He.
He's strong and in vigor; how buoyant is He!
His life in the glory my life must be.
There's a man in the glory whose life is for me.
His peace is abiding; how patient is He!
He's joyful and radiant, expecting to see
His life in the glory lived out in me;
His life in the glory lived out in me!
I hope you will all enjoy this wonderful Person today!
I never heard back from Dr. Berlin last week regarding the CT scan I had on January 9th. She is supposed to call me today. I am not worried though. When I hear from her I will post an update.
I have been enjoying helping at the school library. I am trying to eat my veggies, colorful berries, and Omega-3 oil every day. It is challenging but there is much grace for this. Hallelujah!
Love,
Joanne
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment