Thursday, January 10, 2008

CT scans, veggies and mercy!

I had my CT scan yesterday and also saw Dr. Berkowitz who told me that I would be seeing him in 6 months (July). I will alternate seeing him and Dr. Berlin every 3 months. He also told me that he puts no stock in CT scans because they are so hard to read and because there is so much scarring due to all the surgeries. He told me to expect to have more xrays because of the lack of clarity in the scan.

It was a bit confusing but I am not going to worry. I am trying to eat in a more healthy way - taking in Omega-3 and cruciferous veggies. It is not easy. Today I just wanted a cup of coffee and a doughnut. It is hard to change what we eat. I thought of the children of Israel longing for the leeks and garlic of Egypt. They had a more drastic change - from garlic to manna - wow. My change is from muffins to broccoli.

This week I returned to Boston Trinity Academy to help out in the library. It has been 9 months since I was there last. What a wonderful experience it is to feel "normal" again. I am so thankful to the Lord for His abounding mercy and love. These 3 verses from a hymn by Charles Wesley really speaks well of how amazing God's love is.

And can it be that I should gain
An int'rest in the Savior's blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain?
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! how can it be
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! how can it be
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?

He left His Father's throne above,
So free, so infinite His grace;
Emptied Himself of all but love,
And bled for Adam's helpless race:
'Tis mercy all, immense and free;
For, O my God, it found out me.
'Tis mercy all, immense and free;
For, O my God, it found out me.

Long my imprisoned spirit lay
Fast bound in sin and nature's night;
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray,
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.


Thank you Lord that Your mercy found me! I will post again when I hear the results of the CT scan -- hopefully tomorrow.

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!
Joanne

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Hey Mom! I'm happy you're back at BTA. Keep on fighting and eating right.

I love you!

Stephen