Hi Everyone,
I am checking in - I've really been feeling crummy this week but things are looking up - as each day I feel a bit better. Aside from not really being able to rest because of side effects, I am encouraged that none of the nasty side effects lasts forever. My next chemo round will be at Dana-Farber on February 19. I'm not sure how many rounds I have left - I will check with Dr. Berlin when I see her next.
My experience has been similar to David's in Psalm 30:
1 I extol You, O Jehovah, for You have drawn me up And have not let my enemies rejoice over me.
2 O Jehovah my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.
3 O Jehovah, You have brought up my soul from Sheol; You have preserved me alive that I would not go down into the pit.
4 Sing psalms to Jehovah, you who are His faithful ones; And praise His holy memorial.
5 For His anger lasts but a moment, His favor, a lifetime; Weeping may linger in the evening, But a ringing shout goes up in the morning.
6 As for me, I said in my prosperity, I will never be shaken.
7 O Jehovah, by Your favor You had made my mountain stand strong. You hid Your face; I was troubled.
8 To You, O Jehovah, I called out; And to Jehovah I made my supplication.
9 What profit is there in my blood if I go down into the pit? Will the dust praise You? Will it declare Your faithfulness?
10 Hear, O Jehovah, and be gracious to me. O Jehovah, be my help.
11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosened my sackcloth And girded me with rejoicing,
12 That my glory might sing psalms to You and not be silent. O Jehovah my God, I will praise You forever.
Thank you all for praying, calling out and making supplication - because of this I am so encouraged even when things don't look all that encouraging. God is faithful!
In my hymnal, there is a section called Comfort in Trials. Here is a hymn from that section by John Newton. It is a strengthening,anxiety-quieting, girding up hymn-and reminds me that though the road is "rough and thorny" it leads us on to God!
1 Be still, my heart! these anxious cares
To thee are burdens, thorns and snares;
They cast dishonor on the Lord,
And contradict His gracious word.
2 Brought safely by His hand thus far,
Why wilt thou now give place to fear?
How canst thou want if He provide,
Or lose thy way with such a Guide?
3 When first before His mercy-seat
Thou didst to Him thine all commit;
He gave thee warrant from that hour
To trust His wisdom, love, and power.
4 Did ever trouble yet befall,
And He refuse to hear thy call?
And has He not His promise passed,
That thou shalt overcome at last?
5 He who has helped me hitherto
Will help me all my journey through,
And give me daily cause to raise
New Ebenezers to His praise.
6 Though rough and thorny be the road,
It leads thee on, apace, to God;
Then count thy present trials small,
For God will make amends for all.
Much love,
Joanne
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment