Yesterday I met with Dr. Mariana Castels who is an allergy/immunology specialist at BWH. She has developed a desensitization protocol for cancer patients who develop an allergic reaction to the chemo drug (usually after 6-8 rounds). I was tested yesterday and I am indeed allergic to carboplatin. So next week, when I have the next round of chemo I will go into Brigham and Women's Intensive Care Unit and have the drug administered over 6 hours. Apparently Dr. Castels has developed this protocol - and 3 years ago it was not possible to continue treatment if an allergy developed. I am so thankful that I will be able to finish the chemo since it is working.
These past few weeks have been difficult - I have felt really isolated and lonely - and sort of useless. But when I cry out to the Lord, He faithfully supplies according to His riches in glory - sometimes with a hymn or verses or with refreshing visits from dear ones. Today I enjoyed a refreshing visit and this wonderful hymn by A.B. Simpson:
1 I'll sing of the wonderful promise
That Jesus has given to me;
"My strength is made perfect in weakness,
My grace is sufficient for thee."
And lest my poor heart should forget it,
Or ever forgetful should be,
He still keeps repeating the promise,
My grace is sufficient for thee.
Yes, over and over and over,
My Savior keeps saying to me;
My strength is made perfect in weakness,
My grace is sufficient for thee.
2 His grace is sufficient to save me,
And cleanse me from guilt and from sin;
Sufficient to sanctify wholly,
And give me His Spirit within.
His grace is sufficient for trials,
No matter how hard they may be,
This promise stands over against them,
My grace is sufficient for thee.
3 His grace is sufficient for sickness,
Sustaining and making me whole;
His grace is sufficient when sorrows
Like billows roll over the soul.
His grace is sufficient for service,
It sets us from selfishness free,
And sends us to tell to the tried ones,
His grace is sufficient for thee.
4 His grace is sufficient to live by,
And should we be summoned to die
'Twill light up the valley of shadows,
And bear us away to Him nigh.
Or when we shall stand in His vict'ry,
And Christ in His glory shall see,
We'll fall at His footstool confessing,
Thy grace was sufficient for me.
5 It is not our grace that's sufficient,
But His grace, it ever must be:
Our graces are transient and changing;
His grace is unfailing as He.
And so I am ever repeating
His wonderful promise to me,
My strength is made perfect in weakness,
My grace is sufficient for thee.
It is wonderful that His grace is unfailing - as He is....
Much love,
Joanne
1 comment:
Dear Joanne and family, I have had a clear, child-like faith that this new treatment for the drug allergy was an Accomplished Fact !
If you could just have a hint of how many times you all are thought of and sent loving feelings and how often, daily, throughout the day sometimes! prayer is offered up on your behalf...uniting my heart with your's and laying it all at His feet...a soecial gretting to Anna and Elizabeth today....I love you girls.
Post a Comment