Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This week

Hello everyone,
This will be a packed week. My mom is still in the rehab facility, Clark House in Westwood MA. They are keeping her there while they watch to see if the UTI is completely gone so they can begin giving her coumadin again. She seems okay at times but rather scared and anxious. I was able to pray for her which I think helped her calm down. Thusday, Oct 2 I have a fine needle biopsy of the nodule on the thyroid. As I HATE needles, I hope this will not be too traumatic. Friday begins the clinical trial drug E7389 (eribulin mesylate). Please pray that all goes well - not much side effects and lots of dead cancer cells! I must go to bed - my eyelids are closing - I will post more tomorrow. Love you all, Joanne

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hi Joanne,
My grandmother spent many months at Clark House; I hope your mom likes it. It must be somewhat a relief to you to have her somewhere that's close but not,um, really, really, close. :-)

Praying for you for Friday. Just remember not to look at the needle! That's my strategy.