Hello everyone,
I was discharged from the hospital yesterday (Friday), feeling better, with less pain, and a strict eating regimen (only pureed food). I will have chemo on Wednesday if all continues to go well and then I will see the gastroenterologist on Friday the 10th. She was out of the country this past week while I was in the hospital, so I am anxious to see what she says about what the GI problem was. Basically this week I rested, and enjoyed visits from many friends. I didn’t have an endoscopy because the GI doctor taking her place didn’t feel it was necessary. The CT scan from last Thursday showed a partial obstruction in the small bowel that has apparently cleared. When I know more, I will let you all know.
It was kind of confusing this week because while I had a GI problem, Dr. Berkowitz (the gyn-oncologist) was in charge. The residents do most of the rounds and are very new to patient bedside care – they are quick, sometimes abrupt and just young. I’m sure over time, they will learn that they are treating people and not diseases. Dr. Berlin came by a couple of times to explain what was going on as I was pretty much in the dark about who was in charge and who was deciding what treatment I was getting.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. Because of the prayer I really experienced being at peace regarding all that has occurred in the past week. Today I was encouraged looking at the sparrows outside my window. There are verses in the gospel of Matthew and Luke about sparrows: Here are the verses from Luke 12:
6 Are not five sparrows sold for two assaria? And not one of them is forgotten before God.
7 But even the hairs of your head have all been numbered. Do not be afraid; you are of more value than many sparrows.
I was particularly encouraged by the phrase “Do not be afraid” since it is hard these days to stay strong and courageous. Another verse that really encouraged me was a phrase from 1 John 4:18 –“there is no fear in love…..perfect love casts out fear...”
I am endeavoring these days to sink down into the perfect love of God.
Here is a hymn of comfort which I enjoyed today. Here is the link: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php?t=h&n=676&f=mid
1 All thy griefs by Him are ordered,
Needful is each one for thee;
All thy tears by Him are counted,
One too much there cannot be;
And if while they fall so quickly
Thou canst own His way is right,
Then each bitter tear of anguish
Precious is in Jesus' sight.
2 Far too well thy Savior loves thee
To allow thy life to be
One long, calm, unbroken summer—
One unruffled, stormless sea;
He would have thee fondly nestling
Closer to His loving breast,
He would have that day seem brighter
When alone is perfect rest.
Much love,
Joanne
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you are home! And in less pain, too. Hope you have someone to make you smoothies ...
Post a Comment