Well, I went down to have the g-tube inserted and when they attempted to insert it, they found that they didn't have room in my abdomoninal cavity for the device. They fill the stomach with air and then then try to locate a place for the g-tube. However, since my small intestines kind of spill up over into the space they thought they had for the g-tube placement, they couldn't insert the tube - at least in the radiology unit. Needless to say I was disapppointed since I will have to delay the chemo a few days since I will be having surgery. But the Lord knows. I was so frustrated with all the delays and incompetencies of the teams. However, Dr. Russell will be doing the surgery tomorrow and they will be be doing one of two kinds of surgeries: one is a Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) - a surgical procedure for placing a tube for feeding without having to perform an open operation on the abdomen. The other is an open gastronomy procedure. They will do one of these procedures on Tuesday sometime. Please continue to pray for this procedure and for all the decisions that have to be made over the next few days. I will also be having a line put in for the nutrition as well. O Lord Jesus.
I just love this psalm - I thought I'd share it with you:
Psalm 84
1 How lovely are Your tabernacles, O Jehovah of hosts!
2 My soul longs, indeed even faints, for the courts of Jehovah;
My heart and my flesh cry out to the living God.
3 At Your two altars even the sparrow has found a home; and a swallow nest for herself,
where she may lay her young, O Jehovah of hosts, my King and my God.
4 Blessed are those who dwell in Your house; They will yet be praising you.
5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You.
6 Passing through the valley of Baca, They make it a spring;
Indeed the early rain covers it with blessings.
7 They go from strength to strength; each appears before God in Zion.
8 O Jehovah God of hosts, hear my prayer; Give ear, O God of Jabob.
9 Behold our shield O God; And look upon the face of Your anointed.
10 For a day in your courts is better than a thousand; I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God Than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
11 For Jehovah God is a sun and a shield; Jehovah gives grace and glory; He does
not withhold anything good from those who walk uprightly,
12 O Jehovah of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in you.
There was footnote for verse 3
A home is a place of rest, and a nest is a place of refuge. Through the two altars God's redeemed can find a nest as their refuge and a home with God in rest. The cross of Christ, typified by the bronze altar, is our next our refuge, wherewe are faved from our troubles and there we lay our young - that is produce new believers through the preaching of the gospel. When we experience the resurrected Christ in His ascension, typified by the golden altar of incense, we are accepted by God in such a Christ and find a home, a place of rest, in the house of God. This house is the processed and consummated Triune God united, mingled, and incorporated with all his redeemed, regenerated, and transformed elect to be the body of Christ in the present age and the new Jerusalem as the mutual dwelling dewelling place of God and His redeemed in eternity.
I realized this week with so many visits from brothers and sisters in the Lord that as the Lord's dwelling places, they are so lovely!
Much love lovely ones!-
Joanne
3 comments:
Joanne, I'm so sorry that you're experiencing such pain and frustration. I'm sure many of us wish we could bear some of it for you.
But I also rejoice at how you are able to find Him as joy in all this. I love this Psalm as well, and am always touched by the line about passing through the valley of Baca, "they make it a spring ..." We get to participate in making our valleys into springs, by cooperating with the supplying One!
Amen Lord. O Joanne you are continuously on our hearts as we come to throne and hold up all these details before the Lord...Trust in the strength, peace, loving compassion of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ...O Lord Jesus draw us into a season of refreshing now. We will all look to the Lord for these procedures and ask for His Blessed Hand to cover you and keep you looking away to Him..."face to face" you will be beholding and reflecting Him. Oh what a salvation ~
With much love ~ Christine
Just wanted you to know that we're all thinking of you here in Roslyn, Joanne, and hoping that both the procedures go well...and that the 'fro is back before you know it.
Love, Billy
Post a Comment