Hello everyone,
I haven't been feeling that well due to side effects from the chemo, hence the long delay in posting. I am feeling a bit better today but still struggle with the digestive issues due to the stent. It is very hard to stay away from raw fruits and vegetables. But if I don't, I really feel awful. My blood counts are dropping so I am somewhat confined to the house - and get tired easily.
I wanted to mention that my CA125 went down from 230 to 161! I am very encouraged about this and praise the Lord for His far-reaching mercy to me. Anna and her husband arrived last week and we have been enjoying them very much. My son Stephen is arriving today and Andrew arrives on the weekend sometime.
Anna and Stephen have been making smoothies from fresh fruit which somewhat satisfies my cravings - they make very healthy interesting concoctions.
It is hard to believe 2008 is over. How faithful the Lord has been through all the ordeals - floods, surgeries, and chemo. I sometimes wish His path choices were different, but as it says in Psalms 18:30 - As for God - His way is perfect ; The word of Jehovah is tried. He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him.
Through the ordeals and the days with no ordeals, Jehovah has been a shield when I have taken refuge in Him. He is enterable! Isn't that wonderful? We can take refuge in God. Wow! Rather than fight against His way, when I say amen to what He has chosen, the way is open to enter into Him and then He shields me from the fiery darts that attack my mind.
1 Under His wings I am safely abiding;
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild,
Still I can trust Him, I know He will keep me;
He has redeemed me, and I am His child.
Under His wings, under His wings,
Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever.
2 Under His wings—what a refuge in sorrow!
How the heart yearningly turns to His rest!
Often when earth has no balm for my healing,
There I find comfort, and there I am blest.
3 Under His wings—oh, what precious enjoyment!
There will I hide till life's trials are o'er;
Sheltered, protected, no evil can harm me;
Resting in Jesus I'm safe evermore.
Please pray about the digestion and the stent and the pain that occurs whenever I have a meal. It is very uncomfortable - I spent most of today in a lot of pain. I ate a few clementines today thinking this would not aggravate the stent, but I was wrong. O Lord. My next chemo is scheduled for January 7th, 2009.
Much love dear ones,
Joanne
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Joanne, I am so sorry about your unrelenting pain ... but also encouraged by the good news! May 2009 be much better, but just as full of the varied grace of God.
Post a Comment